Just wondering what it is worth

whitey224

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone, I have a Craftsman dyt 4000. I bought the mower new in 2004 it has 336 hours on it 18.5 hp with a 42"deck. I am thinking about getting a larger mower and I am just wondering what I might be able to get out of my old one. What do you all think a good price would be. It is in pretty good shape, I moved and my yard is a lot bigger then at my old house so i think it is time to upgrade. Thanks

whitey224

Forum Newbie
Threads
must not be worth much. HELLO anybody here??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As a trade in I would give you a maximum of $500 depending on what saw asvthe condition.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are a few just like this one on graigslist for $500 to $600 they been on there for a couple of months now. I think mostly it depends on where you live. Around here I would not pay more then $300 for it and that's ready to mow. I don't know how it is any where else but I can find as many used mowers here as I want. Now if you take your mower apart and sell each piece you can get about $1,200 but that's over time

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

marvc

Threads
I know this reply is late and you may have already sold your mower, but I bought a used 2004 (?) DYT4000 with a 24 hp B&S with 42 inch cut deck for $450 here in central Iowa. I found when I got it home and started going through it, there was a lot more minor things needing attention or fixing. So decided it was only really worth about $350 to $375. But over the summer I worked on it and replaced or fixed stuff as money allowed, and mowed with it also as the summer went on. Now it is in pretty good shape, just a couple minor things left that dont affect the way it works or runs, and is worth more like $500 to $600, maybe slightly more. My advice, as I found out, do plenty of checking around, craigslist, newspapers, friends, etc. a while ahead of when you figure you will need the new(er) machine to be able to kick the tires and check them over well. Thanks and sorry for the lengthy repiy. Have a good one.:rolleyes:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Whitey, My DYT 4000 is a 2004 , Intek 24. Paid 1800 new. The engine has been a problem (500 hrs). Everything else is reliable. I don't know if this model has a worse rep than others. Most seem to think the low end riders are about the same. I would never touch this one without a careful engine inspection , in and out.