Just wondering if this is done professionally.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is one of my recently made in house twin cylinder kill harnesses. All new components. Of course it is for a system that was hardwired so I still got to the final terminals at the equipment harness.
1666879421110.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
looks more professional than professional.......

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just wanted to show what using the correct parts and tools can do even for a small shop. Yes the crimper was $70 but well worth it for proper crimps. There is no need for duct tape, wire nuts, and other thing like those lousy solderless terminals and the joke of crimpers we can get from Tramlaw, HFT, or even our auto parts stores.

The biggest challenge was finding the terminal splices. Even after sending Mouser images of what I was looking they had no idea that they sold them. And I do need get more of the transparent heat shrink as I only had a small sample package.

Today project was the Pack Con III fuse holders. I had ordered Pack Con I terminals by mistake so I got to order the correct ones now. Just want to give the customer the option of the original fuse holders vs the Weatherproof ones which are more expensive.

Basically it came down to two .187 female terminals, three terminal slices, two diodes, a good length of 18 ga wire (although the original wire can be re-used if long enough), and enough heat shrink to seal the diodes.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've had good luck with my ratcheting crimpers from HF. However, i always leave a little wire sticking out of the end of my crimp connector, whether it be a quick disconnect type, blade, spade etc, and i solder the wire to the metal of the connector.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Here is one of my recently made in house twin cylinder kill harnesses. All new components. Of course it is for a system that was hardwired so I still got to the final terminals at the equipment harness.
View attachment 62657
Very neatly done.

I usually purchase the 844547 wire assembly from Briggs & Stratton and then splice it into the loom but they have become expensive. Once my current stock runs out I may look at making them up myself.
1666944475771.png