Just Checking it Out

Cutter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a walker. If you have any questions maybe I could help you.

Cutter1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been known to mow a few lawns. :) We do a few hundred a week plus commercial stuff. We have 4 lasers, a walker, and a few walkbehinds. I might be able to answer some questions!! 22 year of professional mowing for me.

Honey

Threads
This made me chuckle. I suppose it is a decent brand of machinery, but it does share it's name with a slang term for something older person's would use.

The Post Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've never heard of the Walker brand. Has it been around long? Do they strictly make riding mowers or do they have push mowers too? I'm looking for a riding mower and have been busy researching all the different brands but I've never come across this one.

You get what you pay for when you purchase a mower and the Walker mowers built in Colorado are used by many lawn services because of their mowing abilities plus their dependability. I have a 48" bagger Walker and a 62" open deck Walker mower. If you service them properly, they will give you very dependable service. I get a chuckle out of many of the neighbors with their green and yellow riding tractors. They spend half their time turning around. They also struggle cleaning the decks and changing blades. It is simple on the flip-up, out front decks on a Walker.

173abn

Threads
Thanks BK that's what I need,I was putting in locust posts today and one came down on my ankle so now I'm really cripped out....russ

zsqure

Threads
a walker with the ghs system leaves an awesome yard.
These mowers are very popular for the commercial crews. Not too many residential owners. An auction buy is not a bad way to go. It's no different than buying from an individual. Not everyone is honest, you need to ask plenty questions and research, research, research.

waynard

Forum Newbie
Threads
A friend of mine pointed me to Walker mowers. It seems like all the riding mowers cost a lot. I'm almost tempted to buy a mower from an auction but I'm afraid of what I may end up with.

I bought a Walker mower about 18 yrs ago from a lawn and garden service going out of business. I got it at auction for $1600.00 and have not regretted it at all. I did have to rebuild all of the gear boxes the first year because workers don't care because its not their money so they did not check the oil in the boxes and beat it up bad. However, the engine was solid and still is. I have used it all summer long for a lot of years and I love it. She aint the prettiest gal at the dance, but she can out dance anything in my neighborhood. I have had neighbors stop and ask me what kind of mower I have. I tell them Walker and they say that they have never heard of it.
Many of our lawn service people around here have Walkers and some have several. Taylor rental here in Fort Wayne is a Walker dealer.
One tip.... If you need bearings, dont go to the dealer. They are costly. I go to Applied Technologies which used to be Bearings Incorporated.
I cant say enough about my Walker. It is dependable and easy to work on. I do all my own work and Maint. You can't go wrong with a Walker. They are expensive, but it will probably be the last lawn mower that you will ever buy. You can will it to your kids when you'r gone.