Just bought brand new husqvarna yth18542

CobraDriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi every one, this is my very first riding mower, i get from lower, it will get delivery in 1 hours.

Husqvarna YTH18542 18.5-HP Hydrostatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower with Mulching Capability

Anything I need set up and go thru before starting cut grass with it ? I read some where that it need to purge the transmission.... thank you.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
read all manuals before operating, check oil level on dipstick, make sure it has been greased & check tire air pressure.

CobraDriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
what tires pressure for the front and rear ? it dint say it on owner manual.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I usually run 12 in rear, 9 in front tires. I'd check them and see where they are when you first get the machine, if close to what I posted I go with it.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also, if that machine dis-engages the blades when reversing I'd try to not do that very much while mowing. The constant repeated stop/start of the deck is really hard on the clutch, belts, etc.

CobraDriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also, if that machine dis-engages the blades when reversing I'd try to not do that very much while mowing. The constant repeated stop/start of the deck is really hard on the clutch, belts, etc.

if i turn the key to mow in reversing, it let me mow in reversing. that it better then ? and it let me going to reverse without engine shut off.

also yesterday, when i try reversing, my engine start to back fire and shut off. i dont know why it does that. it shouldnt .

Last edited:

helomech

Threads
if i turn the key to mow in reversing, it let me mow in reversing. that it better then ? and it let me going to reverse without engine shut off.

also yesterday, when i try reversing, my engine start to back fire and shut off. i dont know why it does that. it shouldnt .

More than likely the seat switch, if you ride forward on the seat it can pick up enough to disengage the switch.