John Deere X300 stopped running.

Mikees

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was cutting my grass the other day and my X300 just stopped running . The tractor only has 67 hours on it. I have checked about everything and it will crank and run a few seconds if I pour gas into the carb. I have blown out the gas cap in case the vent was stopped up. I disconnected the fuel filter and it was only about 1/4 full. Do you think it might be a fuel pump? Any suggestions what eles to try?

Thanks Mikee

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Disclaimer: I don't even know what a JD x300 is. But all fuel systems work more or less the same.

All you can do is trace the flow of fuel from the tank to the carb. It can be anything, from debris in the fuel tank, to a clogged filter, to a stuck needle valve and anything in between.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I was cutting my grass the other day and my X300 just stopped running . The tractor only has 67 hours on it. I have checked about everything and it will crank and run a few seconds if I pour gas into the carb. I have blown out the gas cap in case the vent was stopped up. I disconnected the fuel filter and it was only about 1/4 full. Do you think it might be a fuel pump? Any suggestions what eles to try?

Thanks Mikee

To check the pump, remove the fuel line to the carb.
Hold the fuel line as high up as you can and crank the engine.
If fuel pumps out then the pump is OK.
Note it will not gush like water from a hose but it should be sort of a fast dribble.