John Deere X300 Mowing pattern

titanjas

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere X300 lawnmower. I have the deck set at the highest setting. It Has been leveled. When I cut it digs into the ground. I attached some photos. Any ideas what might be going on?

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    818.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    876.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    930.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    840.5 KB · Views: 14

possum

Threads
To much speed. Blades are dull. Deck wheels need to be on lowest setting. If you mow grass high you need a clean cut on rider decks. Any tugging from the blades sinks the deck wheels lower into the grass growth causeing the blades to cut lower and lower. My last set on a lawn tractor cutting real thick Bermuda or buffalo would suck down and cut the grass within a half inch of the dirt. New blades solved the problem.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a John Deere X300 lawnmower. I have the deck set at the highest setting. It Has been leveled. When I cut it digs into the ground. I attached some photos. Any ideas what might be going on?

Low tire pressure on a rear tire.

logan01

Threads
Check each deck hanger for freedom of movement and that the deck is level to manufacturer's specs. Lube them if necessary. Tire pressure in accordance with your specific mower assuming the tires are the factory size. Deck belt and pulleys are all in good condition. Looked at pics. Pretty much limited to turns. Make sure you are mowing at wide open throttle, slow down the ground speed a bit, and blades are sharp and in good condition. Also make sure the front axle components (bearings, wheels, rods, etc) are in good shape so that one side or the other isn't dipping down / folding under as you make the turns. What happens in that same spot going the opposite direction?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads

Did you figure out what the problem was?

We would like to know how it worked out.