John Deere x300 cranks but will not start.

Fleetmapping

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

I parked my X300 up overnight and when I went to use it the next morning it would not start although it turned over strongly.

There is no spark when the Interlock Module/Electrical Control Unit is attached, but with it isolated by disconnecting the black cable as suggested in various videos, the spark is there but the engine still will not start. I purchased a new Interlock module (Part AM141075) but this has not solved the problem. I have checked the fuel supply and that seems to be OK so I am at a loss as to what the problem might be. I’m guessing it is electrical but any suggestions would be appreciated. I have noticed that the LCD screen which shows the number of hours run is not displaying anything but I don’t know if that is normal until the engine is running.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 97405

Some hour meters come on once the engine is running and others come on when the seat switch is activated. I wouldn't think that is related to your issue at this time. If you have spark now, then I would be leaning towards a fuel issue. Is the fuel shutoff solenoid on the carb clicking when you cycle the key from off to on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fleetmapping

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some hour meters come on once the engine is running and others come on when the seat switch is activated. I wouldn't think that is related to your issue at this time. If you have spark now, then I would be leaning towards a fuel issue. Is the fuel shutoff solenoid on the carb clicking when you cycle the key from off to on?
Hi Will
Thanks for the advice re the hours meter.
I cannot hear any clicking coming from the solenoid so I need to explore that further, but why am I not getting a spark when I connect the new Interlock Module? Are the issues related or completely separate?
Many thanks.
Andrew

D

Deleted member 97405

The interlock module contains your safety system. It's job is to kill the spark if something is amiss in the safety switches. Sounds like you need to diagnose further. You have ruled out the interlock module by unplugging the kill wire. In a rare case, I had one ignition coil ground out the complete system. Only way to check is to test the coils individually by removing the top engine cover and unplugging the wire going from coil to coil. You have to isolate the coils individually, and if one is creating your issue, you will lose spark when you reconnect the kill wire to it. I only encountered this once and drove me crazy until I found it!