John Deere SRX95 Kawasaki engine mower. Won't stop after I take my foot of the gas.

mikelkraft

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere SRX95 Kawasaki engine mower. Won't stop after I take my foot of the gas.
I had my mower service and they replaced the drive belts and a pulley. After I got it back the mower goes twice as fast, which is OK but when I take my foot of the gas pedal it does not completely stop. This occurs in forward or reverse. I have to quickly shift gears (forward/reverse) to keep from running into something. The mechanic said that is just the way that mower is and can do nothing about it. This never happened until after they serviced it by replacing belts and a pulley. Is there a fix for this? It does not seem correct that JD would put a mower on the market that operates this way. It seem too dangerous.

RussellTP

Threads
  • / John Deere SRX95 Kawasaki engine mower. Won't stop after I take my foot of the gas.
did they check brake on your mower to see if it works? I noticed the newer mower are different than older ones.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Send JD a letter, email, fax, asking if what the JD dealer told you was correct.
You will get a recall notice in no time flat for it to be rectified.
New belts should make it go faster because as belts wear they get thinner, so they run closer to the middle of the pulley.
When new, the belt can run at the outer edge of te pulley thus making it go faster however it still should stop so some thing is adjusted incorrectly.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Send JD a letter, email, fax, asking if what the JD dealer told you was correct.

I would say you can try to contact JD but they wouldn't listen to you. They want you to work through your dealer. Maybe try a different dealer? John Deere stands up for their dealers who buys many tractors from them not the individual who buys one. I worked for dealers as a mechanic and have seen this happen more then once.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take a look at gas pedal & see if pedal is coming all the way back, you may have something interfering with travel of pedal.