John Deere Seat Split

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought possibly the more expensive X350 may be a little better than the box store tractors, but I guess not in the seat department. As a test, the tractor has always been mounted and dis-mounted from the right side in its 52 hour life span. Left edge never touched with my butt cheeek A**.

When I traded my LA135 for this X350 the first criticism from the sales department was the badly cracked seat. Salesman said before they could sell it the seat would need replacing. Lying bunch of busturds. How do i know they are lairs? They used my pic i sent them to sell it on line. Lesson learned - avoid John Deere dealers.

Attachments

• John Deere seat cracked 8-23-19.JPG
    John Deere seat cracked 8-23-19.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 13

Vigilant

Threads
I thought possibly the more expensive X350 may be a little better than the box store tractors, but I guess not in the seat department. As a test, the tractor has always been mounted and dis-mounted from the right side in its 52 hour life span. Left edge never touched with my butt cheeek A**.

When I traded my LA135 for this X350 the first criticism from the sales department was the badly cracked seat. Salesman said before they could sell it the seat would need replacing. Lying bunch of busturds. How do i know they are lairs? They used my pic i sent them to sell it on line. Lesson learned - avoid John Deere dealers.

I don't know about all that. I avoided our local Deere dealer for many years. Never even tried 'em. I always dealt with what I thought was a good local mom & pop mower shop. But they take the better part of a month in the busy season. I do my best not to even call 'em this time of year. Just out of curiosity, I called the Deere dealer to see how soon I could get some work done, just last week. Service Manager told me about a week. I asked him how much they charge to pick up a garden tractor and return it after the work is done. He told me 20 bucks. I couldn't believe it. Mom and Pop charge 80 bucks. I asked him to send someone to come get my tractor. He said they could get it that same day, just park it in front of the garage and keep the ignition key. The dealer has a master key for all Deere mowers. He called me the next morning and told me the work was done. I didn't ask his shop rate. It may be a little higher, but I don't care. They don't mark their parts up like most shops. You pay the same price as you would at their parts counter. The price was about what I expected. They are also a Stihl chain saw dealership and repair shop, which is a big plus. After I paid him over the phone, I told him he just picked up another customer. I don't know how their salesmen are. Next Spring, I intend to find a near mint 2014 or 2015 X500 with less than 200 hours on it, and keep it for the rest of my life. I wish you had done some research. The X500 is a garden tractor. Mine has a 48" deck, and I plan to upgrade it with a newer one, also 48". I don't believe any of the transmissions on the lower X series mowers can be serviced. Just run it until it croaks. They are also not as stout. X500 Tuff Torq trans can be serviced, and is built like a tank. Same as the 24 HP Kawasaki engine. The X500 engine and trans should run at LEAST 2000 hours before they need replaced. Even more hours with top notch maintenance. I looked at the new X570s, but they are not as well built as an X500. Good luck to you.

First Deere

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know about all that. I avoided our local Deere dealer for many years. Never even tried 'em. I always dealt with what I thought was a good local mom & pop mower shop. But they take the better part of a month in the busy season. I do my best not to even call 'em this time of year. Just out of curiosity, I called the Deere dealer to see how soon I could get some work done, just last week. Service Manager told me about a week. I asked him how much they charge to pick up a garden tractor and return it after the work is done. He told me 20 bucks. I couldn't believe it. Mom and Pop charge 80 bucks. I asked him to send someone to come get my tractor. He said they could get it that same day, just park it in front of the garage and keep the ignition key. The dealer has a master key for all Deere mowers. He called me the next morning and told me the work was done. I didn't ask his shop rate. It may be a little higher, but I don't care. They don't mark their parts up like most shops. You pay the same price as you would at their parts counter. The price was about what I expected. They are also a Stihl chain saw dealership and repair shop, which is a big plus. After I paid him over the phone, I told him he just picked up another customer. I don't know how their salesmen are. Next Spring, I intend to find a near mint 2014 or 2015 X500 with less than 200 hours on it, and keep it for the rest of my life. I wish you had done some research. The X500 is a garden tractor. Mine has a 48" deck, and I plan to upgrade it with a newer one, also 48". I don't believe any of the transmissions on the lower X series mowers can be serviced. Just run it until it croaks. They are also not as stout. X500 Tuff Torq trans can be serviced, and is built like a tank. Same as the 24 HP Kawasaki engine. The X500 engine and trans should run at LEAST 2000 hours before they need replaced. Even more hours with top notch maintenance. I looked at the new X570s, but they are not as well built as an X500. Good luck to you.

FYI - The X370, X390, and X394 all have a serviceable transmission. And I agree with the OP, almost all the used x series tractors I looked at had tears in the seats. Very poor vinyl that John Deere uses.

Vigilant

Threads
FYI - The X370, X390, and X394 all have a serviceable transmission. And I agree with the OP, almost all the used x series tractors I looked at had tears in the seats. Very poor vinyl that John Deere uses.

Didn't know that about the X370, X390 and X394 models. Thanks. Do they come with Kawasaki engines like the 500 series? Also, the lower models may be equipped with a different seat. I have an older X500 with a bunch of hours, and the seat is still pristine. I've been kicking tires and looking at a lot of newer X500s lately. I saw very few cracked seats, but there were a few.

First Deere

Forum Newbie
Threads
Didn't know that about the X370, X390 and X394 models. Thanks. Do they come with Kawasaki engines like the 500 series? Also, the lower models may be equipped with a different seat. I have an older X500 with a bunch of hours, and the seat is still pristine. I've been kicking tires and looking at a lot of newer X500s lately. I saw very few cracked seats, but there were a few.

Yes, the x300 series has the Kawaski engines except the entry model 330, they share the same seat as most of the 500 series except the 584 and 590 models, which have the high back seats. Some owners have replaced their seats multiple times only to continue experiencing tears and cracking.

Vigilant

Threads
Yes, the x300 series has the Kawaski engines except the entry model 330, they share the same seat as most of the 500 series except the 584 and 590 models, which have the high back seats. Some owners have replaced their seats multiple times only to continue experiencing tears and cracking.

Do you know if it does any good to use a John Deere seat cover? Guess I need to keep a close eye on mine.

First Deere

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you know if it does any good to use a John Deere seat cover? Guess I need to keep a close eye on mine.

I've see owners that remove the covers only to find the seats torn. That being said, the covers certainly would help keeping them clean and away from the sun UV rays. Hope you continue to have a good luck with your seat.