John Deere Riding Mower Won't Shift Out of Reverse

chevyman984

Threads
I got a John Deere D105 automatic lawnmower. 42 inch. Today i was mowing an i shifted into reverse, backed up, and it was in reverse to stay. I had to go backwards all the way back to the house. Now i discovered it will go out of reverse if you pull back on the "go pedal" all the way. Is the transmission shot? It will move forward and backward if you fiddle with the pedal. It also started moving forward in neutral. Usually when you put it in neutral and let off the clutch, it was practically setting the parking brake. And when you push on the pedal it was rock hard. Now when you push the pedal in neutral it starts rolling then the gears catch and it moves.(i discovered that by accident). Its a shame because the warranty just ran out 6 hours ago. Ive had it one year and it has 126 hours. Its been well maintained also. Thanks guys and sorry this is so long!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can not find exploded view of you mower so I can not tell you exactly what is wrong I can only tell you what it sounds like.
The clutch linkage/cable has slipped out of place. Follow the linkage/cable from the clutch to the transmission and see where it could have slipped at. Try adjusting it.

chevyman984

Threads
I can not find exploded view of you mower so I can not tell you exactly what is wrong I can only tell you what it sounds like.
The clutch linkage/cable has slipped out of place. Follow the linkage/cable from the clutch to the transmission and see where it could have slipped at. Try adjusting it.

Hey buddy! Thanks for the answer. Ive checked everything. I got a new belt and put it on. I went to John Deere dealership and the service tech said something bent or out of adjustment/ missing. Thats what happens when i bought the smallest cheapest lawnmower for 7 acres of mountain and hilly mowing. I guess i should of got the D140

Nwatson99

Threads
Hey buddy! Thanks for the answer. Ive checked everything. I got a new belt and put it on. I went to John Deere dealership and the service tech said something bent or out of adjustment/ missing. Thats what happens when i bought the smallest cheapest lawnmower for 7 acres of mountain and hilly mowing. I guess i should of got the D140

Sorry for your troubles, but mowing that much yes it was a bad decision with the 105 actually you are too small in the D series period, you really needed the X series for the size of your place.