John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

bennyb

Forum Newbie
Threads
bennyb

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I recently moved to a place that has about 4 acres to mow. I own a John Deere 111h that is undersized I'd say for this task but that's what I've been using. It's been a good mower but the hydrostatic transmission quit me and I found this website while looking for information. I'd appreciate any help or advice.

PJ

Threads
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I recently moved to a place that has about 4 acres to mow. I own a John Deere 111h that is undersized I'd say for this task but that's what I've been using. It's been a good mower but the hydrostatic transmission quit me and I found this website while looking for information. I'd appreciate any help or advice.

I do not see that you mention the model number. But this I know obtain the workshop manual and work from there it is a sealed unit if i am not mistaken.
Regards
PJ

bennyb

Forum Newbie
Threads
bennyb

Hey folks! Just checking in. I'm new Here. I have a 111h John Deere. Been a good mower but hydrostatic transmission quit the other day. Am121302 Eaton. I haveaover 3 acres to mow . hope I can find some information on repairing this. Appreciate any help.

javjacob

Threads
I have a 98 John Deere 345 with a 54" deck and a 48" snow blade. I bought it in april 2011 with 440 hours on it, now has 490 hours. Great machine with the 18hp Kawasaki liquid cooled V twin. When I first looked at it I thought it was a year or two old because it looked brand new for a used machine. Still looks like new. :thumbsup:

My brother has a 92 or 93 John Deere 320 with a 48" deck. My dad bought it new. Same engine as my 345.

PJ

Threads
Howdy, My name is Tom and I am helping a widow that goes to our church with her mower. It is a John Deere F725 with 722 hours on it. It has been maintained by a local John Deere dealer but recently they haven't be able to repair it and won't return her calls. This elderly lady lives on 5 acres, raises chickens, chops wood and mows a lot. Here are the symptoms. After warming up the mower and mowing for a few minutes, occasionally a blast of blue smoke is emitted from the exhaust. It then disappears and then intermittently emits blue smoke quickly. The mower continues to run great and cut great? The NGK BMR6A plugs looked pretty carboned up. I clean them and checked the gap and them mowed for about one hour. Any one have an idea on this? Thanks much, Tom

This sounds like carbon build-up replace plugs possibly points and try to de carbon as last option because de carbon stage is when you start considering a complete cylinder head removal.

Good luck

PJ

javjacob

Threads
This should be a sticky

Tony20899

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased my first John Deere, a used 2013 x360 with 58 hours on it. Previous owner kept it immaculate. Has 48" mowing deck and 44" snowblower with tire chains and weights. I live in Minnesota and grew up driving JD tractors on our farm so always been a fan of this brand. Looking forward to being apart of this group and learning.

mowerman05

Threads
Welcome to the forum, I think you will find a lot of useful info here.:thumbsup: