John Deere LX277 Jumped dead battery the Key Switch circuit board let the smoke out!

frogtownusa

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere LX277 Jumped dead battery the Key Switch circuit board let the smoke out!
Went to start mower, acted if battery was dead. After several turns of the key the starter was rolling and it started right up so i cut the grass. The next week same thing. Wouldn't start so I jumped it off. I made 1 pass about 70ft and the blades were shutting off. Also blades would not stay on in reverse while pulling up the nob to back up. Smelt electrical smell, shut it right down and flipped the hood open, Smoke was coming from a capacitor on the key switch circuit board. Afraid to to just replace board. Cant find specs or exploded view online to ohm out voltage regulator or stator .I'm thinking a completely dead battery (no good) caused the problem jumping it off and running it. What do I need to check besides just replacing the board? Could I have fried anything else? Need diagrams and specs. Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / John Deere LX277 Jumped dead battery the Key Switch circuit board let the smoke out!