John Deere LT 155 Transmission Drive Belt

JBASport

Threads
Hi, I posted previously regarding a lethargic Hydrostatic Drive. I removed the drive, drained the oil and replaced it with new. I also bought a new drive belt and reassembled it all. Stupidly I didn't check the length of the new belt with the old, but assumed that as it was designated as appropriate for my LT155, it would be ok. I reassembled it all and the photographs show the configuration as it is now. With the engine running there is no drive and the belt is relatively slack and the fan at the top of the hydrostatic unit barely rotates. Should the belt rotate with the engine running, regardless of whether forward or reverse is engaged? Is there a means of tensioning the belt other than the self tensioning quadrant with the guide wheels. Any thoughts would be really welcome. Many thanks, Terry

Attachments

• Resize DSCF2437.JPG
    Resize DSCF2437.JPG
    952.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Resize DSCF2439.JPG
    Resize DSCF2439.JPG
    862.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Resize DSCF2440.JPG
    Resize DSCF2440.JPG
    883.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Resize DSCF2441.JPG
    Resize DSCF2441.JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 9

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One thing thing I see already is the new belt is ruined.

According JD the OC of the OEM belt is 86-3/8.

No note of serial breaks. BUt I have ran across one mower (don't which JD it was) that use an one inch shorter belt due to pulley changes.

JBASport

Threads
One thing thing I see already is the new belt is ruined.

According JD the OC of the OEM belt is 86-3/8.

No note of serial breaks. BUt I have ran across one mower (don't which JD it was) that use an one inch shorter belt due to pulley changes.
The new built shouldn't be ruined? It hasn't had any action other than fitting? Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then it must be an optical illusion as it the belt covering is burned off.
1688211940202.png

JBASport

Threads
I am now wondering if there is something I have or have nor done in refitting the transmission into the mower.
With the back wheels free to turn, they rotate freely, regardless of whether the frewheeling lever is in or out. Should that be the case? I am just trying to work through the options to troubleshoot the problem. thanks, Terry