John deere /Kawasaki won't run

Tway1988

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere 54 inch walk behind with a 17 HP Kawasaki engine Weak spark/ no spark
Replaced coil, Replaced igniter. New battery, good ground, cleaned all connections
Any ideas?
Thanks, Tom

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing left. Bad wire, poor ground, faulty parts, bad spark plug ? Have you removed the kill wire and tried it?

Tway1988

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nothing left. Bad wire, poor ground, faulty parts, bad spark plug ? Have you removed the kill wire and tried it?
Checked wires (all ok.) block ground connections have been cleaned, replaced plug, tested with spark tester(real Faint spark), and yes on the kill wire.
I am going to start at beginning again go through all tests on switches and wires tomorrow.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I see that you are from NY. I have found anytime I have a coil or module problem on a John Deere I bring it to my local John Deere Dealer and they are very good about testing them for free. Yes I do buy a lot of OEM John Deere parts from them. Lakeland John Deere is around here, very good and helpful dealer. Like I said not too much to ignition system on that engine to go wrong. Maybe you got a bad new coil, was it OEM? I have found some of the cheap Chinese coils junk.

JD is best

Threads
What about gapping the coil? Did you get used parts?