john deere 318 hydro pedal conversion

jcdc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone ever converted the dash control hydro lever on a jd318 to a foot pedal?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has anyone ever converted the dash control hydro lever on a jd318 to a foot pedal?

I have a 318...and what would be the purpose of conversion? The majority of us use our right foot for the accelerator pedals on our cars, trucks, and hydro pedals on our (hydro equipped) tractors. The JD 318 has the brake pedals mounted on the right side...so you would need to relocate the brake pedals to the left side to enable a hydro pedal for the forward/reverse control...what is the purpose of all that work to change it? They have P/S, so you can easily have a hand free for the hydro lever.

The 318 works great the way it is set up, what would the change do to improve it?

jcdc

Forum Newbie
Threads
The reason I want a pedal is the fact that I have a bucket on my 318 and it's hard to steer, feather the bucket and adjust the forward speed while spreading dirt or back blading. Make sense to me.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the John Deere Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The reason I want a pedal is the fact that I have a bucket on my 318 and it's hard to steer, feather the bucket and adjust the forward speed while spreading dirt or back blading. Make sense to me.

Makes sense to me now too....:laughing: I love having the foot pedal on my 4210 when using the loader....have never seen a 318 with a bucket except in the factory brochure.