when i take the break off it dies
is there a way to test the clutch
any help would be appricated

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Safety circuits
Parking brake + seat so if you fall off the mower stops
Seat + PTO so you can not get off with the blades running and shove your hand in the discharge chute
Brake + lap bars so you can not drive away with the brake on.

Now look at your symptoms
What is common ?
The seat switch ( or the wiring to it )

JD make the absolute world best repair manual
Not only does it tell you ho to fix the mower, it also shows how to work out what is wrong where to test the mower and where the lest points are.
Worth every cent of the cover price which is about 1-2 hours of labour charge and a lot less than taxi fares to & from the physo after you broke your foot kicking the mower.

chips4sle

Threads
ok
so i replaced the seat switch
replaced the break switch
replaced the pto switch

is there a way to test the electronic pto without being hooked up

also my hour meter is off then will come back like its a low battery
does this have anything to do with it?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Okay lets check that there is 12v at the seat switch with the ignition in the run position. If present then look for the relay it controls and see if it is working. The lap bar switches also part of the kill circuit too and with 12v running though them the internal contacts tends to burn.

I don't have the wiring on this particular model but there is at least four versions depending on your serial number.

Also when you replaced the seat did you use the black housed one or the grey one? You would need to using the black one per the PN listed which is a normal open switch. The grey one is the normally closed version.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also check the ground strap where it bolts onto one of the engine mounting bolts
They do come loose so will show 12.9 V untill a heavy load is applied like starting or turning the blades on.

chips4sle

Threads
Okay lets check that there is 12v at the seat switch with the ignition in the run position. If present then look for the relay it controls and see if it is working. The lap bar switches also part of the kill circuit too and with 12v running though them the internal contacts tends to burn.

I don't have the wiring on this particular model but there is at least four versions depending on your serial number.

Also when you replaced the seat did you use the black housed one or the grey one? You would need to using the black one per the PN listed which is a normal open switch. The grey one is the normally closed version.
No if I disconnect the switch and put the probes in I do not get 12v with the switch in the run position

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is there 12V from either terminal to frame ground?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then seat switch and the rest that circuit isn't being powered.

Does anyone here have access the wiring schematics for this JD unit? I hate hate to buy a $150+ manual for a non customer support issue as I haven't seen this particular JD my shop yet.