Engine JD LX188 Engine problem

dcp739

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD LX188 with a Kawasaki FD501V AS00 engine. It will start but stops abrutly in 15 - 20 seconds. Help....why does it not continue to run.

PJ

Threads
I have a JD LX188 with a Kawasaki FD501V AS00 engine. It will start but stops abrutly in 15 - 20 seconds. Help....why does it not continue to run.

Hi I think you have a fuel problem. Check the feul system

PJ

Sent from my iPad using LMF

gjt

Threads
I kind a have same problem is yours hard to start then quits after it finely does start

PJ

Threads
I kind a have same problem is yours hard to start then quits after it finely does start

Lets look at basics you need fuel, air and a spark to fire up any petrol engine I assume you have cheked spark and air if not please do. Now every JD assembly normaly have a fuel in line filter to keep out larger items to prevent blocking the carburator jets. Fuel enters the carburator via a needel valve assembly. It is normaly in this area were problems like fuel starvation starts deu to chemicals settling in this part of the carburator. only fix or cure is to strip and clean. You do get a spray chemical to assist during the clianing process Make shure the needle assembly does not stick after assembly.
Hope this helps
PJ

Threads

Lets look at basics you need fuel, air and a spark to fire up any petrol engine I assume you have cheked spark and air if not please do. Now every JD assembly normaly have a fuel in line filter to keep out larger items to prevent blocking the carburator jets. Fuel enters the carburator via a needel valve assembly. It is normaly in this area were problems like fuel starvation starts deu to chemicals settling in this part of the carburator. only fix or cure is to strip and clean. You do get a spray chemical to assist during the clianing process Make shure the needle assembly does not stick after assembly.
Hope this helps
PJ

Good info PJ.:thumbsup:

gjt

Threads
ok mine was doing the same thing replaced coil and carb linkage adjustment took care of all problems