JD LA105 crank no start

mac

Threads
You’ve got a bigger problem than spark. Why didn’t you tell that in the first place? You need to make sure that you haven’t bent the valve on the rocker arm that’s loose. Try rotating the crankshaft to see if it can make two full rotations without locking up. If it works, then you reset the crankshaft so it’s at top dead center and readjust the valve with the loose rocker arm. If you don’t know what top dead center is (TDC), look it up.

freshman6969

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well that explains the no start
reinstall & regap both of the valves.
I use 0.004" set with the piston 1/4" ( approx) down the bore on firing stroke.
Note the nut is the adjuster & the grub screw ( Torx head ) is the lock .
They are quite fiddly to get right so don't worry if it takes you 1/2 dozen tries to get it right
ill take a look tomorrow since it is going to rain all day, is the rod suppose to move period? or does it have to be under pressure? because i could pull the thing out no problem lay in back in there and hand crank and i get no movement aside from the top section which did what it was suppose to do, or is it vise versa like i said im no mechanic lol

mac

Threads
If all else is ok, match the look of the 2 rocker arms, except for the gap.

freshman6969

Forum Newbie
Threads
welp after a couple videos and some playing around the sucker started right up and running like a top again! thanks for your help guys much appricated. now i just have to adjust the throttle and were good to go