Jasski

jasski

Forum Newbie
Threads
Took a while to post. Anyway I have a 15 year old Honda HRB215 HX with a hydrostatic transmission. So after last years issue of poor drive performance and reading several blogs I decide I had nothing to lose and took the drive out and apart. This all went well, the axial shaft was worn , inner clip groves were worn, did a JB weld on axle then drilled axle and used a roll pin for clip. This worked. Now the hard part is finding a replacement cable for drive speed control. Local dealer could not find it and the drawings on web sites have different cable end. So if a anyone knows where I could get one of these that would be great Cable length end to end = 46.75 inches
jasski
2013-02-19_09-11-32_339 (4).jpg

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Honda forum. :smile:

jasski

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not the correct cable- The Roto stop cable has a ball end that engages the pulley that drives the transmission. The ball end will not fit in the transmission link arm. (This was the 1st one I ordered).

Thanks
Ed

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ed:

Those mowers used a number of different cables, but if you'll share the frame serial number with me, I can look up the exact one you need.

The serial number is on a plate/sticker on the back edge of the mower deck; it's in the form of MXXX-1234567.

Threads
Ed:

Those mowers used a number of different cables, but if you'll share the frame serial number with me, I can look up the exact one you need.

The serial number is on a plate/sticker on the back edge of the mower deck; it's in the form of MXXX-1234567.

Yes, here is a picture of the location:
#.jpg

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ed:

Part Number 54630-VE2-J00, list price $13.82. Actual retail price is set by each dealer. Many sell online (just google the part number) but you might pay less from a local dealer, since no shipping charges. I saw this cable selling online for $11, but had a $7 shipping charge. :mur:
hrb215hxchangecablepartscatalog_zpsbdad01b0.jpg

Dealer locator is here; be sure to check off MOWERS and then just enter your ZIP code:
Find A Honda Dealer

jasski

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info- will get one ordered-- will make post once installed