JA65 gas runs out the prime bulb when filling with gas...

sprtfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / JA65 gas runs out the prime bulb when filling with gas...
I inherited a JA65 from a relative. They had not used it for about 4 years and was in storage with no gas in it. When I put gas in it, it flowed out of primer bulb. I'm guessing most of the seals dried up and cracked while sitting in storage? Would this be worth taking into a dealer to fix or would it probably end up costing much more than it was worth? Would this type of repair be easy to do or something that would take a lot of labor driving the price up pretty high? Thanks

Glyn Robinson

Threads
thanks for the question.

what engine is on your mower?

this repair is very simple, pending that's the only thing wrong. you can buy a primer bulb on amazon, or your JD dealer.

here is a video of a primer install. you might have this type. if not, let me know.

sprtfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the question.

this repair is very simple, pending that's the only thing wrong. you can buy a primer bulb on amazon, or your JD dealer.

here is a video of a primer install. you might have this type. if not, let me know.

I'm not sure what engine it has. Here is the picture that was sent to me before I picked it up.
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjeNQl9VEybalr0fAuzEXkWYSyQlkg

I was thinking that the gas was leaking from somewhere else and just happened to run out of the bulb since it was low. I've replaced bulbs before on my snowblower and is easy enough to do but wasn't expecting it to be the problem. Thanks

John R

Threads
thanks for the question.

Where???