J D running rough

J.D. Dave

Threads
I have a J D w/B&S engine model 31p6770125g5 it was running rough at idle and half speed, so I decided to put repair kit in carburetor, after completing my project engine does not start I have gas in carburetor bowl but can't get gas to cylinder what should I do?
Thanks in advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
check that you have connected the solenoid on the bottom of the carb
For some silly reason some of them are polarity sensitive so try the connector both ways

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Strip the plastic and rubber parts out. Boil the carb body for an hour. Blow out with compressed air. Pull the main and pilot jets as well. Use a pH neutral dish soap. NO Dawn because she is alkaline. Just some cheap dollar store soap.

1686978446899.png
1686978491498.png

J.D. Dave

Threads
Solenoid connected and working, I used carburetor cleaner and blew with air, was using carb. cleaner the wrong thing to do?
Thanks for the help

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
When you use the carb cleaner did you remove the rubber parts especially the float needle valve? If you did then the rubber on the needle valve could swollen and now is blocking the fuel supply.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Strip the plastic and rubber parts out. Boil the carb body for an hour. Blow out with compressed air. Pull the main and pilot jets as well. Use a pH neutral dish soap. NO Dawn because she is alkaline. Just some cheap dollar store soap.
Hmmm I have for years used Dawn (and Dawn Platinum) and high alkaline soaps in my USC without problems; although, the Dawn use does require a rinse cycle but the non residue powder high pH soap (12.5) here is non residue version.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All detergets are alkaline that is how they break down fats
Rinse in a dilute vinegar solution then boiling water

J.D. Dave

Threads
I did remove float and needle and I do have fuel in the bowl, am I missing something?
I have a family gathering later today I will get back to all of you later.
Thanks

J.D. Dave

Threads
Solved my problem, the jet that sat in that hole at the very bottom, maybe master jet, had rolled off to the side of my worktable out of site and I forgot about it, once it was put in place engine started and ran just fine.
Thanks again for all of the help