It's "spindle time"!

Chris623

Threads
I've got a 50" zero turn Cub Cadet that I need to replace the blade spindles on. My model # is 17AFCACP056. There are so many spindle kits on the internet I can't figure which one to purchase. When I put in my model # in, I'm basically told it's a 50" RTZ mower, but there are still so many choices under than nomenclature I don't know which to purchase. I want good spindles, not some cheap junk that won't last. Any suggestions from experience?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PN 918-04125C for complete spindle with pulley ($109 each Retail from MTD/Cub,Rotary, or Stens). Or if you just want to rebuild them the bearings are 6204-2RS but don't remove the housings from the deck as the mounting tend to break if you and then it is new spindles. The mounting screws are 5/16-18 x .75 (3/4). Tri-lobe self tapping. Four needed for each spindle.

Chris623

Threads
I just went to their site and the Search box said there wasn't a part with that number.

Chris623

Threads
Well DANG!!!! I put the part number in the search box and was told they didn't have anything that matched it.

Thanks.

Is there a preference to brand or are they pretty much all the same?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When it comes to spindle housings most come from the same factory which I think is in South Korea
The volume & profit margins are not there for a dozen different factories to be competing with each other as economic theory tells us must happen.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
When it comes to spindle housings most come from the same factory which I think is in South Korea
The volume & profit margins are not there for a dozen different factories to be competing with each other as economic theory tells us must happen.
Remember with something like a spindle, not just a model # of mower, or part # is important. Physical dimensions (height X center to center length on bolt holes X size of pulley) are important. Don’t just go to first site and order, cross reference with two or more when ordering parts (if not sure) so you get the correct part. Ordering parts, like anything else, gets easier over time. When you order parts weekly, versus once in a blue moon, accuracy rates may vary.

Chris623

Threads
I went ahead and ordered the Stens spindles and they are being shipped today. So I'll update when they arrive.