It really leaks oil.

edwardh1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Another gcv 190 honda engine question please. my adult grandson has an old old troy pressure washer with this engine. I bought a recoil starter for it- starts great now. Also I replaced many of the frame rivets for him- it was really loose and floppy.I have not used it in 5 years, somewhere in that time he "replaced the pump" , and has used it to power wash a boat.. It now is still great- I used it this week to power wash my wood deck before putting on the semi annual stain/sealant. BUT But it leaks oil like crazy. it DID not leak oil 5 years ago.- the oil is mainly on the muffler side of the engine" and is not a "film" but a wet amount on the side of the engine and runs down to the metal flange that is on the "deck", then dried onto the garage floor when its off. Im fearful of running it without checking the oil level every 30 minutes. I looked it over with a flashlight and can't find the source almost like they left an engine bold off - alto there is no "blowing" noise from the engine - is there any common problem like this on these engines? or where should I look, Can you leave a part out when replacing the pump?Thanks in advance

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Locate your complete GCV190 engine model #'s above after locating them on engine data plate. Order oil seals for crankshaft 1 from cylinder & 1 from oil pan, remove & replace crankshaft oil seals. Change oil & run engine checking for leaks.