ISX won’t stay at full throttle

Jim Pritchrd

Threads
I have a ISX 2200 with a Kawasaki Ft730V-EFI and yesterday I ran one tank out of fuel. I switched to the other tank and restarted but began having problems with engine maintains full throttle. It will run for 15-30 minutes then will idle back down. Has done it several times.
Anyone have any ideas?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a ISX 2200 with a Kawasaki Ft730V-EFI and yesterday I ran one tank out of fuel. I switched to the other tank and restarted but began having problems with engine maintains full throttle. It will run for 15-30 minutes then will idle back down. Has done it several times.
Anyone have any ideas?
Crud stuck in the fuel switch

mountaincut

Threads
I have a Ferris Evolution that had, what I believe, was a similar problem, stepping back from full throttle while mowing. I searched every bit of visible linkage and could not find anything wrong. Even changed the springs at the engine throttle linkage. Eventually, after looking at what I thought was every potential cause, I removed the throttle control from its mounting panel. I found that the throttle linkage on the panel, which was a pressed connection, was not secure. I drilled out the pin and installed a screw with a lock washer and nut. Problem solved!