IS1500 Hydrogear Wheel Motors

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks guys for the info! I'm assuming the original HGM-C's are repairable if needed. I'm banking on the HGM E's will outlast me and my soon-to-be 28 year old mower.

There are a lot of the IS1500's still working commercially in my area. I will offer to sell the C's to a yard guy as back-ups. I'm sure they would work for a while before a re-build. With this style motor being obsolete and the Ferris mowers still in good operating condition, it's a matter of time someone will need one or both. I can give them info on the parts kit and let them decide. Just hate to throw them away.

One thing I learned on this thread is it must not be a lot of fun to be in the repair business with all the supply chain nonsense!
Repairable as far as replacing the seals, yes. Internal motor component failure, no.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One thing I learned on this thread is it must not be a lot of fun to be in the repair business with all the supply chain nonsense!
That is basically it. When I first start the business things were simple but in the last few years it is taking more and more time to jump through all hoops vendors are putting my way taking away from actual repair time and normal bookkeeping.

Like one vendor all a sudden started demanding me to buy X dollars of part from every year if I needed or not. They the low volume themselves by selling defective products and had salespersons that would not reply to emails and telcon messages. I had to find other vendors to take up their slack.

Now I got one that refuses to explain an excessive shipping charge and trying to force me to accept ads by making accepting cookies mandatory; no opt out offered.

And there are distributor of certain OEM parts that are only certain lines of parts and then I have to look for another vendor or distributor for the rest of the parts. And then if want to save on parts costs it gets even worst like the JD LA115 that I got 7 different vendors involved for the parts; all for a $500 repair. If had use just JD then repairs would a lot closer to $1000.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Repairable as far as replacing the seals, yes. Internal motor component failure, no.
Or like the Hydro Gear wheel motor last Fall where everything but one component was available so I had to install a new wheel motor.

KennyD2

Threads
Or like the Hydro Gear wheel motor last Fall where everything but one component was available so I had to install a new wheel motor.
I'm curious - Was the motor you replaced like mine or another size/brand of mower? How much the motor?