Intek 18.5 camshaft woes

RobHawk1954

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a used Husquvarna with Intek18.5, and it would not start, it would get tight at the top of the compression stroke and not crank over, I adjusted the pushrods, and still wouldnt turn over.I figured it to be the camshaft, I stuck a small magnet into the oil fill and It pulled up what I thought to be part of the camshaft counter weight though it was to big to pull through the hole, but once disassembled I couldnt find NOTHING, none of the camshaft compression release in the crankcase NOTHING, I figured I would find a few pieces, but nothing? And NONE of the compression release is on the camshaft, I am lost- Its kind of hard to look into the "crank counterweight" ( for lack of know what the name is the weight at the bottom of the crank) but after cleaning it up, and shaking it a few times and running a magnet around through it- nothing there. Now I have started it a few times before but did a clean up/ blade sharpen- getting it ready for spring- but this beats me. Could this model have came without the compression release/camshaft system? Surely something would have been seen, where could it be lodged? Intek 33R777 0003 G1 18.5HP-

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
They all cam e ACRs so first talk to the previous owner and see if someone has attempted the repair before you which I think might the case.