Intake System

HotRodMurray

Threads
Hi I got 12 hp briggs I/C Cast Iron Bore and I want to stick a Custom intake on it, how would I do it? Thanks for the help.:smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You could just port and polish the one you have

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi I got 12 hp briggs I/C Cast Iron Bore and I want to stick a Custom intake on it, how would I do it? Thanks for the help.:smile:

I guess I am not following your question....
The only answer I can think of is ... Bolt it on... :smile:KennyV

HotRodMurray

Threads
Does any one know how to make a snorkel intake for a 12 hp briggs and stratton

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Depends what type of carb you have - itd actually be easier with a walbro type ( OHV) then the flathead one piece carbs - i take it its for mud/water?

The walbro install could be as easy as making a steel flange and weld a elbow and stack on it - some sort of air cleaner should be installed so crud wont get sucked into the motor. Itd be easier to make a solid stack, because a flexible one would be too low.

The flathead 'one piecer' would need an adapter made to fit the bore of it before it can turn to the stack.

Ive run my 80's agway in mud/water for years with stock intake , BUT i havent been in water past the footrests tho , problem with that would be belts slipping , water getting in the trans, youd need to seal the electronics , seal/raise the oil fill ( or use a old style plastic plug).

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just what are you talking about? The intake manifold after the carburetor or the air cleaner side? Also what is the reasoning? I don't think it would be that hard to do. You would have to make some flanges and weld some pipe into them. If it is the intake manifold you might have a linkage problem if you still want a governor, but if you are doing this I can't see you wanting a governor.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sure can't see where that would be a problem. Make a flange to fit the carburetor with the three screw holes and weld a pipe to this flange. from there you can do anything you would like and then where ever it ends install a universal motorcycle air filter with a hose clamp. You might want to make some brackets to hold this or you could break your carburetor off if it is too long and some rubber hose for vibrations. We do this all the time with our pulling tractors.