Intake manifold? Carb fell off

fmitchelltx

Threads
I was mowing today and at the end of the mowing the mower stopped. I looked down and the carb was just hanging loose. I pulled the air cleaner off thinking that the bolts may have vibrated loose. Whatever the carb mounts to, the intake I am assuming, was broken in half and the top half missing. I have nothing to bolt the carb on to. Nothing ever fell off that I saw and the mower was running great I have never seen anything like it. Is it the intake that I need to replace?My mower is a Craftsman Model: 917.377151

Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your carb mounts to a steel sheet metal type plate. There have been cases where the bolts that hold the plate to the block have broken and then the carb moving around will break the plastic intake manifold. You will need to remove some more stuff like the blower housing to see what you will really need to replace.

I did a short block warranty several years ago due to the exact problem that you describe

fmitchelltx

Threads
Thank you! I just got the mower out of the shop on this past Saturday. It had to have the carb rebuilt last week. O will carry it back over there to my repair guy. I just have never seen anything like that happen before.

Thanks,

Frank