Info on which engine is a better choice 27hp Briggs&Stratton 23hp Kawasaki both VTwin

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Info on which engine is a better choice 27hp Briggs&Stratton 23hp Kawasaki both VTwin
Re: Info on which engine is a better choice 27hp Briggs&Stratton 23hp Kawasaki both V

The original poster may have only had the option of engines that he posted originally. There is no doubt a difference in the prices of the same machine in either a Briggs commercial Turf or Kawasaki FS.
For those of you that feel that Kawasaki engines are " perfect", you need to go to other lawn sites where more commercial operators post and you will find that they are not. I'm going to throw Kohler into the same mix!!!
A year ago I had a problem with 26 Briggs ELS engine on my Scag Tiger cub and had thought that I would repower with a Kawi FX730V similar to the one on my Hustler X-ONE. When I priced out the engine, exhaust system, cable changes, electrical changes, the price was almost three times what the 30 Briggs Commercial Turf series engine that I eventually went with. No doubt that there is a sizable difference between the Briggs at $900 and the Kawi FX at $1,800, a better comparison would be the Briggs Commercial Turf and Kawi FR or FS engines. Another aspect of comparison is the price and availability of parts, Briggs parts are more reasonably priced and much more available.
You always have to pay for what you get, sometimes you get what you paid for!!! LOL:laughing:
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: