Info on stens shipping

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
After some research found this out. Stens has switched from UPS to FedEx. There are actually two different FedEx shippers. FedEx Ground and FedEx Express. Ground ships by trucks and can take a week or more from ship to delivery. Express uses planes and still does overnight ship to deliver. The shipping cost difference on my last small order was a couple dollars. If you are ordering from Stens and need the parts quickly may want to spend a couple more dollars and ship FedEx Express vs. Ground.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I already knew that but me with one Stens warehouses here in Portland, TN even the ground service is overnight.

And yes FedEx Ground is a royal pain to deal with. I try to avoid them whenever I can just like I avoid USPS. The tracking is very lousy on both ground carriers.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When they were in indiana UPS to me in Ohio was overnight. And yes, Ground tracking is useless.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When they were in indiana UPS to me in Ohio was overnight. And yes, Ground tracking is useless.
Same for me when they were in Jasper. Now with them in Tennessee and Fedex 2-3 days is now normal. Same thing happened with Power distributors going to Fedex this year when from next day out of Columbus to 2 days out of Iowa and now 2-3 days with Fedex from Iowa. And to make it worse PD just updated their website which makes the parts lookup almost useless. The zoom feature is now a magnifying glass that slides over the diagram and makes it where you can only see one part at a time on a diagram with close to 100 parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At least you can still access the PD site. They will not even return my phone calls to setup again after they kick me to curve two years ago because I had a distributor with a 20% discount instead the measly 10% that PD was giving me. They also tried to kick me off the Power Portal but I had installed a backdoor. They initially gave me someone else's Power Portal account and they just re-assign it this year to yet another dealer. So screwed up they don't don't which way is up.