Ignition coil for Kubota GH250? Any idea where?

balooba

Threads
Hello Everybody!

Any idea where to get/order the ignition coil to
Kubota GH250-Q-1-SO-UK2?

OR any suggestions why there's no spark? I think the plug is okay, the kill wire is okay...

All ideas and advice are welcome!
Thanks in advance!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you test it by removing the kill wire & checking for a spark ?

balooba

Threads
Did you test it by removing the kill wire & checking for a spark ?
Yes I did (I learned that from YouTube 😀).
My next step is to remove the whole Kubota engine, test it well, remove the flywheel... So far it looks that no spark, and I have not found any reason. I'll try to measure the coil AND order already a new one from somwhere.
BTW - the engine worked great. One morning, it just did not start. I had disconnected and reconnected the battery previous evening, maybe that is some reason for something?
Fuel and everything else okay.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
unless you accidentially hooked it up backwards it should have made no difference
The coil has a chip embeded and they just die

balooba

Threads
unless you accidentially hooked it up backwards it should have made no difference
The coil has a chip embeded and they just die
You're right.
I don't know how usual it is that the coil goes bad (the transistors inside it), this would be the first time for me.

So far I haven't find a spare coil for this Kubota GH-250 engine...

GH250.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve been trying to find this engine for the last two days with no luck. To me this means that you must live in Europe and we have little info on these units. Two questions I have. Is your engine number GH-250 or GH250? Second is it possible for you to post a picture of the bad ignition coil?

balooba

Threads
I’ve been trying to find this engine for the last two days with no luck. To me this means that you must live in Europe and we have little info on these units. Two questions I have. Is your engine number GH-250 or GH250? Second is it possible for you to post a picture of the bad ignition coil?
Yes, I do live i Europe. This engine is in a Ransomes Triple 18 mower.
I do not know much about this, the year model is maybe 1980's...
The manual says »Kubota GH250-Q-1-SO-UK2». I haven't inspected the engine close enough, yet.

I'll post here some info and photos of this repair as soon as the project progress.

3048c00eb62518f9-large.jpg

balooba

Threads
Finally I managed to remove the coil (not easy, I had to dismantle a whole lot of parts before that…).

It has markings:
JAPAN KOKUSAN DENKI
BM3618-3E26

Here some photos. The holes are ø 5,5 mm (1/5"), and 55 mm (2.16") apart.

Any idea where/how to find a replacement?

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG