ID needed for this blower

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
So far I've counted 2 coats of paint and still no stickers.

Anyone know if this is really a PB200? I'm gonna need a carb kit and a air filter housing.
I've checked visible places on the engine for the S#. But don't see anything etched. And no stickers.
Also the carb must be an aftermarket already. Only "27 550" stamped on it.
20201209_124200.jpg20201209_124105.jpg20201209_124059.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
all of the pb200's appear to have this different looking blower housing,
s-l1600.jpg

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If this blower didn't have the echo recoil, I wouldn't think it was even an echo. It's like Echo just wanted something for the low end market. I think this is the 2nd one I've seen. But the first one, I didn't really check any further than the compression. It was too low to mess with, so I just handed it back to the customer. Wished he'd have let me keep that one.

It looks more like this Hitachi
1607544342505.png

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, so I narrowed this down to being the Hitachi model I posted above. And apparently the Echo recoil they have on it, works.

Well this has been a 3 hours head scratcher.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When folks bring me equipment with painted over model labels or missing model labels i tell them if i need to find parts that that i won't spend hours trying to figure it out unless they want to pay for the time. Stuff is usually so old they say toss it if it needs parts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is "I want it fixed but I want it done for free attitude". I don't even bother anymore myself with old handhelds. (Additional comments edited out)

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
that is a Frankenstein blower for sure

HA HA HA HA.. Frankenblower. I'm just glad I got it figured out. I like a challenge. My biggest problem are things that have everything in the world wrong with them. Like this damn GT 5000 Craftsman I have in the shop. Electrical, belts, pulley's, at least one spindle and tires to boot. And I noticed the other morning that it's got a wheel seal leaking as well.
Customer says he doesn't wanna get over $300 on the repairs. HA.. So, when I get started on it, when I get to $300 mark, I'll call him and tell him what's left to fix. They usually say go ahead and finish it. But sometimes they don't.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
HA HA HA HA.. Frankenblower. I'm just glad I got it figured out. I like a challenge. My biggest problem are things that have everything in the world wrong with them. Like this damn GT 5000 Craftsman I have in the shop. Electrical, belts, pulley's, at least one spindle and tires to boot. And I noticed the other morning that it's got a wheel seal leaking as well.
Customer says he doesn't wanna get over $300 on the repairs. HA.. So, when I get started on it, when I get to $300 mark, I'll call him and tell him what's left to fix. They usually say go ahead and finish it. But sometimes they don't.
Get the 300 up front as a deposit. Those are the kind that after you tell him how much is left to do more than they want to spend they just ghost you and you are stuck with too much in it.

NorthBama

Threads
you should charge a fee for just checking to see what is wrong with it before you start working on it. Your time is valuable to you.