I was wondering would you add a transmission cooler

etap

Threads
I bought a 350 hr IZ4818 this winter. I haven't cut grass with it at all, so I don't know, if it going to fly apart. I have changed the hydro oil and new OEM filter for it. I've adjusted the valves to .005 it has 18 hp Kawasaki in it. I've sharpen the blades a balanced them, so I think that I am ready. It starts and runs good, no smoke. My question is, I only cut 1 acre, and would be good thing to add an oil cooler, for the hydro. oil are, it should be alright. I am keeping my 1864 cub cadet for back-up for awhile just in case I don't like this mower. I didn't know why they don't still have IZ commercial grade anymore. It is in great shape, and build a lot better than my cub. Can't wait to cut grass with it. THX

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are only going to cut 1 acre why do you think you would need a oil cooler?

etap

Threads
I know those pumps are very expensive, and when you compare the size reservoir with the other zero turn mowers, This one is smaller, so I just thought that anything I can do on the heat, would help the life of the pumps. THX

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would think you would be better off with a good synthetic oil. You want to run your oil at a operating temperature and you can run it too cool. Just my thought with only 1 acre of land you would be better off not running a oil cooler.

etap

Threads
Thanks for getting back to me. It did call for Mobil 1 and that is what I put in it. I just notice some other brands have oil coolers on them. Sound like it will be OK. This is my first zero turn, and may get a bigger lot.THX

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My Ferris mower is a commercial mower and only has a oil cooler on the engine not the transmission.