I think someone is in trouble...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1709905593628.png
Apparently someone didn't tighten the lug nuts on this one. Second time this year a
wheel came of commercial jet. Last time it was a nose wheel there is only two. In case
there were 12 wheels so not as bad except the cars that got hit by the wheel assy.

tgzzzz

Threads

Boeing Co. NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE INC.:BA​

198.49 USD​

-4.54 (-2.24%)

closecut

Threads
That is called "Pencil Whipped Maintenance" where the check list is checked off without actually doing the work.No second chances on mission critical work.For instance if a spec calls for 1 inch spacing of wiring cable ties,,you must use a ruler to ensure that they are correct.Somebody was "asleep at the wheel".

schreib69

Threads
View attachment 67991
Apparently someone didn't tighten the lug nuts on this one. Second time this year a
wheel came of commercial jet. Last time it was a nose wheel there is only two. In case
there were 12 wheels so not as bad except the cars that got hit by the wheel assy.
back in the 60's my brother forgot to tighten the lug nuts on a customer's car. . . tire rolled off the vehicle while owner was driving down main street in our little town. My Dad owned a tire and battery shop! ooooh. probably not too good for busines. However, he died a millionaire!

Avman

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 67991
Just for information the wheels on large jets only have 1 large nut holding them to the axle, with 2 small safety bolts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just for information the wheels on large jets only have 1 large nut holding them to the axle, with 2 small safety bolts.
As I said someone didn't do their job or someone sabotage it. No real reason for them to simply fall off. Now of course, I not planning flying anywhere soon.

Denali94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well at least no one can blame this one on me! Thank the Lord! I am so tired of everything that goes wrong being my fault. /s

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure seems like a lot of weird stuff like this is happening.. I think there is evil amiss.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
As I said someone didn't do their job or someone sabotage it. No real reason for them to simply fall off. Now of course, I not planning flying anywhere soon.
On something this critical, there should be a check system in place. First mechanic torques the wheel down, second mechanic double checks the wheel for correct torque, all procedures are noted in a log book.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is Murphy at work.

Right now Boeing says can't even find the records for the plug door reinstall the blew out on the Alaskian airliner.