I screwed something up

zekepiks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a twin 16 hp b&S on my 79 wheelhorse, engine model 401417 type 0130-99 code 79011512, last week I put a carb rebuild kit 694056 on it and followed the instructions, after I reinstalled it and I let run for a while I had a mixture of oil and gas come spraying out of the crankcase breather tubes, I changed the oil, removed the carb and checked everything again, float level, that the float was not full of gas, needle and seat several times. I reinstalled the carb, started it and after 10 min of looking down the throat of the carb to make sure I couldn't see extra gas pouring in, Someone pulled up in front of my house and I went to see what they wanted and about 10 minutes later remembered the motor running, there it was it had sprayed all of the gas and oil out of the breather tubes again , engine still sounded ok but who knows , What am I doing wrong, Thanks for any help in advance Skip

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looking at you engine code, you used the wrong carb kit. Your code is 79011512. The carb kit for models with code before 70031900, should use carb kit number 393301.

zekepiks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking at you engine code, you used the wrong carb kit. Your code is 79011512. The carb kit for models with code before 70031900, should use carb kit number 393301.
Thanks for your reply, I contacted the B&S website when going thru their factory parts site, as you stated it should have been 393301 but B&S said 393301was no longer available so that I should use 694056, I wish I was computer literate enough to transfer the e-mail they sent to me so I could show it but no matter the parts I exchanged were the Same and I evan went so far as to re install the original needle and seat, still the same

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That needle and seat are probably causing your problem. If the needle has a viton end, I would replace that for sure, as it is not sealing.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem is on the fuel pump side of the carb. You are somehow getting fuel into the vacuum side of the fuel pump and filling the crankcase. I would look at the fuel pump and how it is assembled real close.

Tinkerer200

Threads
The problem is on the fuel pump side of the carb. You are somehow getting fuel into the vacuum side of the fuel pump and filling the crankcase. I would look at the fuel pump and how it is assembled real close.

Yeah, float needle leaking badly enough to fill the crankcase with gas and STILL running?

Walt Conner

zekepiks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I think ilengine solved the mystery of my oil and gas coming out of the breather tubes on my 16 hp opposed twin , now I wonder if someone could tell me how to test to see if my stator is doing its thing
Thanks in advance Skip