I need your help with a Kohler K301s spec#47147 fuel pump diaphram

ibbuckshot

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I need your help with a Kohler K301s spec#47147 fuel pump diaphram
Greeting folks,
This morning I went out to the wood shed area to crank up my old log splitter. It had not been used in a few years. I put some new non alcohol fuel in, hooked up the battery, sqirted a bit of fuel into the carb, cranked it over a few times and it started up. The problem is that the fuel pump diaphragm was leaking gas. I shut it down and tried to tighten up the four screws that hold the pump halfs together but it still leaked on start up. I went to one of the small engine parts houses and they could not find any parts info on this engine in their computer and sent me to another shop I had delt with before. When I went in I told them I needed the fuel plup diaphragm and was told it was no longer available and that I would have to buy a new (plastic) fuel pump priced at $136.58 plus tax of $8.19 for a total of $144.77. Is this true? ? ? I cant believe that Kohler and their dealers would screw their customers that bad ! ! ! Even if they charged us $15.00 for the diaphragm that would be bad enough. I understand that almost everything has been jacked up out of sight but this is unbelieveable. There must be any number of engine companys that would use the same fuel pump/diaphragm. I sure would be please if any of you folks can point me in that direction. Thank you in advance for your help.
Have Fun,
buckshot

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / I need your help with a Kohler K301s spec#47147 fuel pump diaphram
Kohler has superceded all there fuel pumps to the new plastic ones, with no parts available for the older metal based ones. i don't know of any aftermarket replacement parts for the pumps either. I just ordered a new pump for a lady with an older JD 212 that is just under $150 with tax and freight.