I need a mower!!

david80

Threads
Hey everybody! I am a brand new homeowner and as such I am looking to buy my first mower ever! Hoping I can get some good info here about what's good and what's not. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey David... How big is your lawn?
& how BIG is your budget??
There are a lot of good mowers available... Have you had a mower before, and do you have any preferences?
If you are on a tight budget, don't overlook good used equipment... there can be some great deals on Craigs List and your local publications... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey everybody! I am a brand new homeowner and as such I am looking to buy my first mower ever! Hoping I can get some good info here about what's good and what's not. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

As we like to say on tractorbynet.com the members here are SO WILLING to help you spend your hard earned money on what WE think is best....:laughing:

Regardless, welcome to LMF...:biggrin:

LandN

Threads
write down your 'wants' in a mower make a list of features of different brands make a 'ok list' and a 'not ok' list it will help you..... what i did was had a new mower with a bbc and then went the next year and got another mower without it. boy do i regret it now. haste makes waste

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
write down your 'wants' in a mower make a list of features of different brands make a 'ok list' and a 'not ok' list it will help you..... what i did was had a new mower with a bbc and then went the next year and got another mower without it. boy do i regret it now. haste makes waste

You must be referring to a "blade brake clutch" (bbc) well it's been a LONG time since I have seen one of those. I have an '89 vintage Craftsman 4 hp self propelled with that feature.

jteuban

Threads
It may cost a little bit more money, but go with something good Husky or John Deere. Something like that because its worth getting something that is dependable. Toro is mostly a good mower check em out, and also write down a check and x list of what you want and what you need. Cheers

DBlawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
You must be referring to a "blade brake clutch" (bbc) well it's been a LONG time since I have seen one of those. I have an '89 vintage Craftsman 4 hp self propelled with that feature.

toro, honda and some 2005-2007 husky/craftsman were made with them

seth

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd say husky would be a good choice... i have one and it has been my favorite. runs great!