I miss mowing :(

X-man

Threads
This winter is really starting to get to me...

The mowing season ended pretty early where I am at, I think I mowed my last lawn towards the end of October. Usually the last lawn gets mowed around the middle to end of November.

It is now getting close to the end of February and I feel like I'm gonna go nuts. I miss the sound of the lawn mower and the smell of freshly cut grass along with the smell of the gas burning. Snow removal gets old really fast to me. Lawn mowing never does.

It just seems like an addiction, lol :smile:. I love cutting grass. It has never gotten old and I've been doing it for 5 years now. I just can't wait for spring to start again. :smile:

Snapperfreak

Threads
Right there with ya. Although in my case it's not the snow but the drought here that's limiting my mow time. Always have loved mowing, everything about it but with limits on watering and my grass isn't exactly drought-tolerant I have a pretty short mowing season. Early spring til about the start of summer. Once the heat hits it's all over.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sure don't miss mowing the grass and don't like snow removal any better, hate both of them. Now I get my enjoyment from riding my motorcycle. Just renewed the registration on it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I've never had a chance miss mowing cause I've never stopped. February is always the slowest and worst month of the year though, so not much mowing this week but look out for next week.

Bison

Threads
This winter is really starting to get to me...

The mowing season ended pretty early where I am at, I think I mowed my last lawn towards the end of October. Usually the last lawn gets mowed around the middle to end of November.

It is now getting close to the end of February and I feel like I'm gonna go nuts. I miss the sound of the lawn mower and the smell of freshly cut grass along with the smell of the gas burning. Snow removal gets old really fast to me. Lawn mowing never does.

It just seems like an addiction, lol :smile:. I love cutting grass. It has never gotten old and I've been doing it for 5 years now. I just can't wait for spring to start again. :smile:
Wait till you have done it for 50 years, i bet you burn your mower long before that:tongue:
God,...do i hate that job:rolleyes:

bt3

Threads
I have totally renovated my LawnBoy this Winter, so I am a bit anxious to let it perform come Spring.

I still have work to do on my Snapper Drive Mechanism. That will take a few weeks, and by then, perhaps we will see the first signs of Spring grass "starting" to slowly perk up.

I am not a huge fan of mowing for the sake of mowing, but I look at it as FREE EXERCISE, so I look forward to it. Otherwise, it would be literally a Pain the the butt.

What are we now, 20 or so days until Spring? That's better than 40 or 50. ;)

Lawn Addict
Threads
Only reason I miss mowing (right now) is I have my brand new Toro Z sleeping with only 12 hours on it to date. :laughing:

But I do prefer warm weather to cold.. We got 6 inches of snow yesterday.. Glad most melted today..

X-man

Threads
Only reason I miss mowing (right now) is I have my brand new Toro Z sleeping with only 12 hours on it to date. :laughing:

But I do prefer warm weather to cold.. We got 6 inches of snow yesterday.. Glad most melted today..

We haven't had much snow lately but this morning it was -19°F. For that reason, I am definitely ready for spring.

Threads
After mowing for 8 months of the year, I do like to have a few months off, and to do snow removal for a change. Usually I get tired of snowblowing by January or so, but we have not had much this year, so I still enjoy that. But that being said, I do want it to warm up. This February has been the coldest on record!! I'm starting to get ready for spring mowing, though there is a chance for a bit more snow.