I love her, but...

mystreba

Threads
My wife was more than a little surprised this morning when she went out to the garage and didn't find her new car. Instead, she found my new tractor. Hey, sometimes you just gotta set your priorities.

The trouble is, I took the roof off my barn last fall and haven't had a chance to replace it yet. And I realized my tractor wouldn't fit in my shed because of that 54" deck. So my weekend project is to install double-doors in the shed. Meantime, my wife will just have to slum it out in the driveway with the rest of us.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My wife was more than a little surprised this morning when she went out to the garage and didn't find her new car. Instead, she found my new tractor. Hey, sometimes you just gotta set your priorities.

The trouble is, I took the roof off my barn last fall and haven't had a chance to replace it yet. And I realized my tractor wouldn't fit in my shed because of that 54" deck. So my weekend project is to install double-doors in the shed. Meantime, my wife will just have to slum it out in the driveway with the rest of us.

You are lucky she isn't making YOU sleep in the shed....:laughing: My tractor, truck, and car, are all garaged. My wife's car sits outside...it's the least expensive vehicle we have so that makes sense to me, letting it sit out in the weather. Downside of the deal is I gotta scrape the windows and clear the snow before she heads for work, however SHE goes to work, not me. Seems fair...:thumbsup:

And, you say you love her...do you mean your wife, or your new tractor?

Slater

Threads

Risky business your into there :biggrin: Like JD said, lucky you aren't the one sleeping in the shed :laughing: I need to build a new shed this summer that is larger so it can fit all my stuff. The house that we bought, the shed is all waterdamaged because it was not build on concrete or off the ground so I could punch a hole through it :eek: Will be putting in a cement pad and making a larger shed this summer. Also adding a garage style door on it because I realized that when it snows, it is a pain to push out double doors in order to get the tractor out to plow. You have to move the snow first which seems stupid lol

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Risky business your into there :biggrin: Like JD said, lucky you aren't the one sleeping in the shed :laughing: I need to build a new shed this summer that is larger so it can fit all my stuff. The house that we bought, the shed is all waterdamaged because it was not build on concrete or off the ground so I could punch a hole through it :eek: Will be putting in a cement pad and making a larger shed this summer. Also adding a garage style door on it because I realized that when it snows, it is a pain to push out double doors in order to get the tractor out to plow. You have to move the snow first which seems stupid lol

An option to an overhead door is sliders, but they can be a pain to install, and they never seal as well as other types of doors.

mystreba

Threads
You are lucky she isn't making YOU sleep in the shed....:laughing: My tractor, truck, and car, are all garaged. My wife's car sits outside...it's the least expensive vehicle we have

HOLY COW MAN!

a) least expensive vehicle
b) sits outside
c) goes to work

If she isn't making you sleep in the shed, I'd keep one eye open just in case...

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
HOLY COW MAN!

a) least expensive vehicle
b) sits outside
c) goes to work

If she isn't making you sleep in the shed, I'd keep one eye open just in case...

A. We purchased the car together, used. I paid for my half a LONG time ago, and I do all the maintenance and repair work on it, plus it gets hand waxed twice a year.

B. It just makes sense the oldest, least costly car sits outside.

C. I do all the housework, 90% of the meal preparations, and that is in addition to all the outside jobs that she doesn't lift a finger to help with.

D. She is lucky she doesn't have to sleep in the shed. :biggrin:

mystreba

Threads
B. It just makes sense the oldest, least costly car sits outside.

You and I are thinking about garages from two completely different perspectives. I see a garage as a way to keep people warm and dry, not vehicles. The cars stay out of the weather not for the sake of the cars, but for the sake of the people getting in and out of them.

The exception is the tractor and other lawn implements which aren't designed to stay out in the elements year-round. If the garage is the only option, then they'd have to take priority.

Different strokes....

D. She is lucky she doesn't have to sleep in the shed. :biggrin:

In my case the shed's been looking like a pretty good deal. I may move out there just to get away from the 20 kids running around here.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
...In my case the shed's been looking like a pretty good deal. I may move out there just to get away from the 20 kids running around here.

Like the one you appear to be running over in your avatar? :biggrin:

mystreba

Threads
Like the one you appear to be running over in your avatar? :biggrin:

When I was a kid, whenever I did something wrong my dad would say "let's go for a ride". And I'd get a good taking-to in the car. I simply improved on that concept. When I tell my kids "Let's go for a ride", I mean at 70mph with them on the hood. Straightens 'em right out :biggrin:

fredhargis

Threads
My wife's car sits outside...it's the least expensive vehicle we have so that makes sense to me, letting it sit out in the weather.
and you're not the one sleeping in the shed????