I have a 2011 Toro Z - Master 7000 Diesel Commerical Model 74267 Serial # 311000225 60" Deck.

GregTx

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I have a 2011 Toro Z - Master 7000 Diesel Commerical Model 74267 Serial # 311000225 60" Deck.
Hello, my name is Greg and this is my first time to post on here and ask a question. It has 431 hours on it. I am having a problem when I engage the mowing deck. After about 30 seconds it lugs the engine down to almost killing the engine unless I turn off the mowing deck. I removed the PTO Clutch and checked it out and readjusted it to factor specs. It seems to be ok. I also removed the belt on the mowing deck and checked the spindles. All seem to move freely and no wobble in any of them. I grease them regularly. So now my attention is toward the PTO Gearbox. I removed the inspection plug on the back of the PTO Gearbox and oil level is up to the bottom of the hole, but I want to change the gear oil as it is over due. I cannot find a drain plug anywhere, so my question is do you have to remove the belt pulley and the bottom cover plate to drain the gear oil? I don't see any other way to do it, but thought I would ask and see if anyone has done this service on their Toro 7000. Well I think I have it figured out now. I will have to remove the PTO Pump and then the inspection oil plug and drain the gear oil out of that hole. Then add new oil to it and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / I have a 2011 Toro Z - Master 7000 Diesel Commerical Model 74267 Serial # 311000225 60" Deck.
Have you changed the fuel filter(s)?