Repairs I got a problem

m&p45

Threads
You certainly aren't wasting my time because I'm retired, in the house under the A/C waiting for the outdoor ambient to drop below 100. :biggrin: So let's get to the bottom of this and as far as I'm concerned you are guaranteed to still have your dignity.

Blades spinning both directions when engaged has me somewhat puzzled though. How do they do that?

The way I see this, --- if the blade brake isn't locking, --- the belt is slack enough to not interfere, --- and there is no stick or foreign debris lodged in the system --- the bearing (s ) must be bad.

So if the top or bottom bearing is that bad one should be able to hear and or feel the roughness when rotated in the direction it will rotate compared to the other blade unit that will rotate both ways.

To my knowledge the only thing preventing opposite rotation direction would be ball bearings attempting to stack on each other.

I didn't have the PTO lever all the way on just pulled it a bit and spun the blades. The blades spun freely both directions.:thumbsup: