I am looking for a powerful herbicide to kill persistent weeds...and everything else

Kainedogg

Threads
  • / I am looking for a powerful herbicide to kill persistent weeds...and everything else
I have a few acres and the prior owner sprayed the fence line with a chemical that killed everything along the line...making everything else easier to cut and not having to worry about weed eating 3200ft of fence line. Any suggestions on what I can get from Lowes or HD that is equivalent? What have you used that garnered great results?

Nwatson99

Threads
  • / I am looking for a powerful herbicide to kill persistent weeds...and everything else
I use Gly 4 Plus on the fence lines and it kills everything, now the briars it dries them out where a string can cut them down no problem if they are larger with the harder stock to them, but young green ones just coming up it takes them out too.
I also mix my stronger I put 20 ounces per 15 gallon and it takes everything out.
Cars says to add some dawn dish washing liquid and it sticks to it better, I have not tried it yet.

Oh and I purchase it at Southern States in the 2.5 gallon concentrate.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bleach... Plus it sterilized the soil (careful very illegal in some areas)

sjessen

Threads

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've used it every other year on my albeit tiny driveway. 1to100 parts again check your local agri laws you get caught it could be bookobucks

Kainedogg

Threads
I use Gly 4 Plus on the fence lines and it kills everything, now the briars it dries them out where a string can cut them down no problem if they are larger with the harder stock to them, but young green ones just coming up it takes them out too.
I also mix my stronger I put 20 ounces per 15 gallon and it takes everything out.
Cars says to add some dawn dish washing liquid and it sticks to it better, I have not tried it yet.

Oh and I purchase it at Southern States in the 2.5 gallon concentrate.

I will keep an eye out for that product, but nothing from the major stores?

Bleach... Plus it sterilized the soil (careful very illegal in some areas)

Not willing to use bleach just yet.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a few acres and the prior owner sprayed the fence line with a chemical that killed everything along the line...making everything else easier to cut and not having to worry about weed eating 3200ft of fence line. Any suggestions on what I can get from Lowes or HD that is equivalent? What have you used that garnered great results?

Tractor Supply has this.

FarmWorks™ 41% Glyphosate Plus Concentrate with Surfactant Grass and Weed Killer, 2-1/2 gal. - Tractor Supply Co.

We use a different brand of the same thing that we purchase at either the Farmers CoOp or a local farm supply store.

If you mix it 3 to 4 ounces per gallon it does an excellent job on fences and about any where else you spray it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've used it every other year on my albeit tiny driveway. 1to100 parts again check your local agri laws you get caught it could be bookobucks

One ounce of bleach to 100 ounces of water? Is that what you mean?

possum

Threads
Just go to any big box store and read the labels on the weed killers. Compare and Save brand for example is a common item here for 41 per cent glyphosate. Menards, Lowes, Home Cheapo, etc, have it. Spectracide brand at Lowes has a couple items that are used to kill out fencerows. Just go find some 41 per cent glyphosate at a store, read all the directions very well, follow the directions very well and do the job.

deminin

Threads

If you have a farm supply store in your area, see if they sell a Generic brand of Roundup. I buy a 2.5 gallon jug of GlyStar (41% Glyphosate) for about $52. A 32 oz. jug under the Roundup brand is almost the same price at the regular stores. This big 2.5 gallon jug gives me enough to keep my 1/8 mile gravel drive, etc., weed free for 4 or 5 years. Buying the generic at a farm store saves almost 90% over what you would pay for the same stuff at Walmart, Lowe's, Menards, etc.