Hustler Z4?

Sonders

Threads
Hey guys, thinking of selling my older Scag Turf Tiger and getting something newer. Came across a 2010 Hustler Z4 with 60" deck, kawasaki 24hp, and only 100 hrs on it. It still looks brand new; an older gentleman has it and is downsizing to a patio home. I've been trying to do some research on the mower before buying it but not finding much. Can anybody help me out? Pro's and con's of this model.

edd

Threads
the hustler z 4 was the pre runner to the x 1

Sonders

Threads
Oh ok, thanks edd. I've actually been eyeing up the X 1, so I guess the Z4 would be a pretty safe bet. Only complaint I could find online was that the decks on them aren't real deep so they can clog easy. I was kinda wondering how it will stripe on it's own without aid of a striping kit.

Sonders

Threads
I called a guy I kinda know that works in service dept of local dealership that carrys Hustler as well as Snapper Pro, which is the other mower I'm considering. He said I'd be better off with the Z4 over the Snapper pro s125xt that I am looking at. Also said that the Z4 replaced the mini Z, and like Edd mentioned was then replaced by the X 1. They said several of the Z4's when they came out and haven't had any comee back with issues. So thats a good sign.

Sonders

Threads
Just an update, I did go ahead and buy the Z4. I've mowed twice with it already and lets just say the cut is less than impressive to say the least. It rides very nice though; way more comfortable than my old Turd Tiger. The steering is a little out of whack also and still need to cut it adjusted properly. I mounted a rubber strip on the back of the deck this weekend so we'll see if that helps with the striping.