Hustler Raptor 42 or Dixie Chopper Zee 1 1942 ?

PVHIII

Threads
Hustler Raptor 42 or Dixie Chopper Zee 1 1942 ?

Which of these mowers is better built? I know the dixie chopper has a briggs intek 19.5hp ,and the hustler raptor has a kawi.

Which mower is is tougher ,and better built?

If your looking to buy one of these mowers...I'd also take into account the warranty they come with..I know the EZT'S aren't serviceable but I do believe they can be rebuilt very easily and not expensive to do either... I haven't read any reviews on these trans axles or do K know how many hrs of use you should expect from them either... but DC doesn't do so well in regards to customer service.. I would like to the know the warranties on both of these Units...I had my mind made up on a bad boy because they are made about an hr from my home and there's a lot of'm around here.. and as ridiculous as it sounds and is I liked the name "BAD BOY" Lol..but I decided for that kind of money I'd better do some research and the reviews on the Hustler mowers were about the best I could find on the web...especially when it comes to warranty and customer service and those two things were at the top of my list...that's what lead me to buy a Hustler and I'm glad I stuck with them even after I had problems witn my Raptor...and Hustler is Rewarding me for doing so...to the point that I would never consider owning anything but a Hustler...the durability reviews I could find had Hustler at the top as well but there are other mowers that do compare very well in that category... but there are other things to consider as well when it comes to buying a ZTR...do your own research and make your decision... you may not want that Raptor..but you still might want a Hustler...they're a good family owned company that still believes in keeping there customers happy after the sale...good luck in making your decision

wdrdoctor

Threads
Yes, I really want to see the final outcome of the new hustler raptor super duty. Currently the price of the entry level raptor is $2,799.00
I want to see how much the price increase will be,and most of all exactly what upgrades/differences there will be.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your looking to buy one of these mowers...I'd also take into account the warranty they come with..I know the EZT'S aren't serviceable but I do believe they can be rebuilt very easily and not expensive to do either... I haven't read any reviews on these trans axles or do K know how many hrs of use you should expect from them either... but DC doesn't do so well in regards to customer service.. I would like to the know the warranties on both of these Units...I had my mind made up on a bad boy because they are made about an hr from my home and there's a lot of'm around here.. and as ridiculous as it sounds and is I liked the name "BAD BOY" Lol..but I decided for that kind of money I'd better do some research and the reviews on the Hustler mowers were about the best I could find on the web...especially when it comes to warranty and customer service and those two things were at the top of my list...that's what lead me to buy a Hustler and I'm glad I stuck with them even after I had problems witn my Raptor...and Hustler is Rewarding me for doing so...to the point that I would never consider owning anything but a Hustler...the durability reviews I could find had Hustler at the top as well but there are other mowers that do compare very well in that category... but there are other things to consider as well when it comes to buying a ZTR...do your own research and make your decision... you may not want that Raptor..but you still might want a Hustler...they're a good family owned company that still believes in keeping there customers happy after the sale...good luck in making your decision

The problem with the rebuild thing is that it probably would cost more to rebuild than replace that's why Dixie Chopper offers there 3 year bumper to bumper. The warranty's are a 3 year for both BTW but how good they are is anyone's guess, there probably as good as the dealership wants to make them. There are good ztr's out there and depending on what your going to use the unit for and how much your going to use it would justify what you should spend.

PVHIII

Threads
The problem with the rebuild thing is that it probably would cost more to rebuild than replace that's why Dixie Chopper offers there 3 year bumper to bumper. The warranty's are a 3 year for both BTW but how good they are is anyone's guess, there probably as good as the dealership wants to make them. There are good ztr's out there and depending on what your going to use the unit for and how much your going to use it would justify what you should spend.

I totally agree Ric...I would say I'm a lot more happy with Hustler than I am with my dealer..just because of his arrogant smart a** attitude that he developed after I told him I had spoken to Hustler about the problems I had with the Raptor...I don't think he likes me anymore lol..he knew I was having problems with my Troy Built tractor holding up of my rough mowing conditions and I told him I really didn't want to spend over 3G on a mower.. and instead of trying to upsale me on a better machine he sold me the Raptor which isn't made for my needs and assured me it was..however he did take it back but I lostmy taxes paid and my gas and time running it back and forth for repairs and blamed Hustler..I felt I should be compensated for my losses so I contacted Hustler and found out he should have never sold me that mower considering he knew I had a rough yard to mow... so then came the attitude lol..BTW..I never said anything to Hustler about his negative comments about the Raptor because I didn't want to cause conflict..after my.dealings with him since I'm kinda wishing I would have.

Last edited:

MRCo.

Threads
So if the Raptor Super Duty is the Sport,then that means the so called better Hustler Raptor is going to have a smaller gas tank?
The current Raptor has a 3 gallon tank,and the Hustler Sport has a 2.1 gallon tank. That would be messed up in my opinion!
So is the price of the Raptor Super Duty going to be the same price as the Hustler Sport?
Hmmm...very very interesting!
The Raptor SD is essentially the Sport, but the rep says there are some changes he has wanted to see... No specifics. I looked at GIE but didn't see much difference.