Hustler - bad customer service.Be aware

L454S

Threads
My hour meter was at two tenths hour when I got it. is 3.6 now. Yup, you need a new hour meter. My blades were painted black also, but when I cut it was a clean job.

Take it easy at first, heck I have as said above 3.6 hours now and just getting comfortable in the seat operating this thing. This is so much more machine than my Craftsman riding mower.

Glad you got your RSD without too much more wait.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Thanks L...I'll talk with the dealer about the meter.I will begin my cutting tomorrow.Will start out with the maximum since my grass is high,I will "baby it" at first but I know you have to run at max throttle. Best I can tell the two washers are in place(hard to see under mower!).I have two small washers on the mower.....hopefully nothing.

Kremeneon

Threads
My meter was .1 on delivery. I also thought the same about the blades, after a couple mows the paint was gone from the edge and it seemed quite sharp.

MRCo.

Threads
Well, I got my RSD today! Couple questions:1)the blades have what looks like black paint,they don't seem particularly sharp...is this normal or do I need to take em off and sharpen? 2)my hour meter reads 63.3 however the mower appears brand new in all respects....should this be reported to make sure it doesn't interfere with warranty? I know....go ask the dealer! thanks,I'm just a might anxious with this new Z experience.:confused2: BTW...my serial is 0522.If I'm reading things correctly mine was #522 in May 2014.I would love to have that contact # mooch91 if things go south. Thanks to all and have a great holiday!

The blades are fine. The paint will wear off and they'll be sharper to touch. Blades shouldn't be made razor edged, they should have a small flat on the face. The hour meter runs when the key is in the 'on' position, even if the engine is off. I bet the key got knocked to 'on' and ran it up. Ask the dealer to replace it or make a not that if you need warranty service the hours need adjusted down accordingly. I did that for a guy who left his key turned for a weekend. If you serial is 14050522 it was no. 522 in May.

Nwatson99

Threads
Well, I got my RSD today! Couple questions:1)the blades have what looks like black paint,they don't seem particularly sharp...is this normal or do I need to take em off and sharpen? 2)my hour meter reads 63.3 however the mower appears brand new in all respects....should this be reported to make sure it doesn't interfere with warranty? I know....go ask the dealer! thanks,I'm just a might anxious with this new Z experience.:confused2: BTW...my serial is 0522.If I'm reading things correctly mine was #522 in May 2014.I would love to have that contact # mooch91 if things go south. Thanks to all and have a great holiday!

I would have already went back to the dealer, do not mow with that machine until the hour meter is noted and new one installed or if it really has those hours then I would demand a new mower.
The blades are normally dark until you mow at least mine are, however again the hour meter is no where near correct and that needs to be dealt with immediately.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Thanks for your support and suggestions! I'll call the dealer first thing tomorrow about the meter reading.

a24036

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got my machine on Friday. Again, thank you to mooch91 - he got helped me to contact Hustler customer service and thing moved quickly. Machine looks good, runs good. Came with no oil in expansion hydro oil tank. Got oil in Wallmart, added it to specified mark. Wonder why they did not do it at the factory. So there is a happy end to this story.
At the end of thing it turns out it was sort of misunderstanding between dealer and he's sales person which caused the delay. And now - thank you to mooch91 again I have Hustler customer service direct phone number, so if I have any troubles at the dealer level I can always go higher up.
That said - machine is very good, customer service from Hustler is strong and responsive - I'm not sure if the name of the thread is reflecting true state of things :smile:

RaptorSD

Threads
I can only imagine they fill the transaxles prior to mounting, to top them off would be tricky because the levels fluctuate as they 'run in'. If dealers/customers got a half full expansion tanks you'd really be mad.

So essentially you're adding oil to fill the lines and saturating the filters.

Glad you finally got your RSD you'll like it.

clubairth

Threads
Any chance you could post that Hustler Service Phone Number?

As you said it's not real easy to contact the factory and I figured that was on purpose.

mooch91

Threads
Any chance you could post that Hustler Service Phone Number?

As you said it's not real easy to contact the factory and I figured that was on purpose.

All I did is connect with Hustler on Facebook where you can "message" them. This is how I was able to help a24036. I don't have a phone number for them.