Repairs Husqvarna YTH2246 with 22 hp B&S engine...had loss of power when blades were engaged

Bucks5500

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH2246 with 22 hp B&S engine...had loss of power when blades were engaged
Husqvarna YTH2246 with 22 hp B&S engine...had loss of power when blades were engaged

Hey guys I have a YTH22V46 with a 22hp briggs and Stratton intek engine. I had a loss of power when the blades engaged with a fuel smell. Then I changed the oil and started it up and it rain for about 5 minutes and I heard a pop and it shut off...and appears to have leaked a little fuel in the front...and currently cranks and cranks but wont start. If it helps I have a hilly yard and was going down a hill a little to steep and the front end kind of crunched up a little bringing the hood and everything up prior to it having this problem. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH2246 with 22 hp B&S engine...had loss of power when blades were engaged
Re: Husqvarna YTH2246 with 22 hp B&S engine...had loss of power when blades were enga

I suspect you may have two separate problems. But the main one right now is the crunched hood. Possible that it could of pushed on the carb, intake manifold and broken the plastic manifold. You will need to remove the hood and take a look around the front of the engine to see what damage may have occurred.

Bucks5500

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Husqvarna YTH2246 with 22 hp B&S engine...had loss of power when blades were enga

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately as I dug a little deeper into it last night as I pulled one of the valve cover off there was excessive oil in there...which I'm sure can't be good. It still fires and actually cranked over for a second before sputtering off. I'm afraid I might have something else going on. None of the rods looked bent.

Bucks5500

Forum Newbie
Threads

Also checked the carb and everything up front and didn't see any cracks or anything although I haven't actually pulled anything off yet.