Husqvarna YTH1942 Reverse issue

Touringdriver

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, i have the above new mower and am wanting to bypass the reverse safety switch that kills the engine if blades are engaged. my yard requires a lot of forward reverse maneuvering and it is a major pain in the butt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And they are an absolute joke in so far as being a "safety device" shows how out of touch with reality the USA legal system has become.
However I do not instruct people how to remove safety devices which are legally manditory.
The reverse switch is a simple blade switch activated by a plunger.
It may be normally open or normally closed with the plunger in the depressed state.
Generally they are on the tranny or shift lever.
Most are just a two wire switch.
If this is not enough information for you to do as you wish then I would strongly suggest you leave it alone.

The real stupidity of this regulation is if you buy a Cub zero turn with a steering wheel it has the reverse cut out fitted
If you buy exactly the same mower but with lap bars in place of the wheel there is no reverse switch fitted.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert, Some of the Z turns have the reverse switch and is activated by pulling both lever into the reverse position. I was thinking most of the newer mowers have a customer activated bypass system.

To the OP do you have a position on the key switch that looks like a lawnmower with a arrow pointing in reverse. If so then turn the key to that position and you should be able to mow in reverse.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Havent come across one of those yet but I suppose it will just be a matter of time.