Husqvarna YTH1842 ignition switch wire question

olie01

Threads
Check back of terminal and make sure the small tap there is bent outwarded, that's what holes the terminal in.

cbr7380

Threads
I suspect you have a Briggs Single cylinder engine with an inertia type starter. You probably having a voltage drop problem at the starter. Would suspect the remote starter solenoid of having burned internal contacts.

You can try jumping the two large posts of the remote starter solenoid with a junk screw driver and see if the starter engages every time. If it does then replacing the solenoid may very well fix the problem.
okay I tried the screwdriver and still doesn't fire it right off also as a side note I have a solenoid with two red wires (cables) on the positive post and the black ground on the other post

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then one three possible bad main battery positive cables, Bad grounding, or bad starter. I have reread the whole so I don't if you installed a known working starter already or not.

When you jumped those the starter should had went to full speed cranking the engine if the solenoid was bad. So first make sure the battery is staying above 9 vdc while cranking as it take 9+ volts for the starter to work correctly.

Freddie21

Threads
You may be able to get that at any auto parts store.