Husqvarna YTA22V46 / 960450051 00 another Transaxle?

sbspence

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTA22V46 / 960450051 00 another Transaxle?
Bought this thing as a return to Lowe's with just a few hours on it a couple years back for a great price. I couldn't figure out why other than a noise I thought was an idler pully when brake was released. A year or so I ago the fwd/rev pedal got so it was hard to modulate back and forth and then one day I was on an incline and the transaxle fell out. I got it up to the garage and inspected it couldn't really find anything wrong other than the bolts were missing(of course). I ordered new bolts and new seals for leaking axles and replaced everything. It seemed odd to me that the axle seal were leaking at 50 hrs , but, I soldiered on naively thinking that this was going to delivering the same level of reliability as my 20 y/o Craftsman that I was replacing (it's still mowing asfaik) Now the pedal started in again and I simply can't ascertain why. I've lubed all the linkage points I can see I've cleaned to top I'm thinking maybe the cheapo nylon split bearings were the issue in the linkage under the steering sector. They are delayed... so do y'all think I have the infamous and ubiquitous bad transaxle issue? If so do I chance just replacing the top cvt assemble at $120, spring for a new trans (which will probably break again in less than 100 hrs or can I upgrade to a manual or Hydro offered in similar mowers? Any and all advice greatly appreciated~~~!
Brent from central Illinois