Husqvarna tuff torg fan replacement

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
How to replace Hydrostatic tuff torq fan on Husqvarna mower. There is no bolt to unscrew. Transmission fan.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Need the model number of the transaxle or at least the model number of mower from the serial tags.

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model YTH23V42 other information K46BT

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
How to replace Hydrostatic tuff torq fan on Husqvarna mower. There is no bolt to unscrew. Transmission fan.
Need the model number of the transaxle or at least the model number of mower from the serial tags.
How would I install the fan? I have had no luck looking on the internet.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
FYI - the parts list showed that the trans or parts needed to come from Tuff Torque. I tried to look it up or find a KB but could not. Some are held on with a nut and some with a spring under them and a snap ring on top. The one caveat someone gave is if it is a nut don't put a lot of stress on the shaft the nut threads onto. Lock the fan and not the trans.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not familiar with that exact model but if it is like most K46 the pulley above the fan is held on with a snap ring and the fan just slips on the splined shaft. Fans are available for around $40. Just Google "K46 fan"

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1650197118526.png
K46BT IPL is showing a snap ring holding the fan on.

Fan part number is 1A646083070.

Eight serial number breaks for the Husqvarna (HOP) K46BT listed but they all appear to use the same fan setup.
1650197489292.png

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did remove the locking ring but the fan doesn’t sit low enough to reinstall. I ordered the part number listed but not working.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
there is a spring washer under it. Did you compress the fan onto the spring washer?

Unccard

Forum Newbie
Threads
there is a spring washer under it. Did you compress the fan onto the spring washer?
I didn’t . There’s no give or flexibility after I removed the locking ring. So am I to assume that I compress the fan and then reinstall the locking ring? I soak the area with Blaster Spray hoping that lose it up. This is very frustrating.